On 19 November 2019 the Clinical Informatics Conference was held in Adelaide and gave SA Health workers an opportunity to learn about Clinical Informatics from global leaders in this space.
The event was well attended, with 340 participants and 76 people live streaming the event.
Speakers included clinicians from across the SA Health system and researchers from CSIRO, RMIT, Flinders and UniSA and topics included:
- the application of clinical informatics
- the role of data in an ever-changing industry
- new and emerging technologies and trends
- achievements in data connection and collaboration.
Event highlights included:
- Matiu Bush, Deputy Director at Health Transformation Lab, RMIT University, emphasised the importance of designing patient experiences
- Anders Sorman-Nilsson, Futurist discussed technology trends and societal change, giving participants much to think about regarding the future of healthcare.