What is it?
The CEIH led the initial development, planning and business proposal for the Data and Analytics Plan.
The Data and Analytics Plan 2020 – 2023:
- Outlines the current and future state of South Australian healthcare data and analytics and how it can help SA Health become a global leader in healthcare.
- Explores the foundation elements, people, process, technology and data, tests the proposition, and considers the practical implementations.
- Identifies opportunities for all partners to have better access to rich data.
- Enables stakeholders to access the data they need, share new insights and collaborate in a safe and secure manner.
The plan ultimately aims to significantly improve healthcare in SA and the health of all South Australians.
Why do we need it?
The plan was established in response to SA Health seeking a road map to deliver:
- Easier access to data and infrastructure to put health data in the hands of the right people at the right time.
- The combination of people, strategy, technology, process and data to drive South Australia toward its goal of having the world’s best health system.
How it’s happening
SA Health’s Digital Health team is executing the plan with our support. The plan is being implemented over the next three years, and covers the design, evidence, procurement and step-by-step releases as new tools become available.
The Data and Analytics Plan is guided by a Project Board that is leading this project and its delivery.
Hear more about the Data and Analytics Plan from our Executive Director of Clinical Informatics, Tina Hardin.