About the Network
This Network will aim to improve the multidisciplinary, integrated care of patients from the moment surgery is contemplated through to recovery. It involves areas such as:
- primary care referral for specialist consultation
- preoperative evaluation
- risk assessment and preparation
- intraoperative care
- postoperative care (including monitoring, rehabilitation and post-discharge)
- communication and handover to primary care or referrer
- coordination of personnel and systems
- shared decision making.
The Expressions of Interest process for the Clinical Lead for this Network closed on 14 July 2020.
You can stay up to date with what is happening in the Statewide Surgical and Peri-operative Clinical Network by signing up to receive email news at CEIH.SurgicalPerioperative@sa.gov.au or contact Katie Billing on (08) 8226 6861.