About the Network
This Network will aim to improve the multidisciplinary, integrated care of patients from the moment surgery is contemplated through to recovery. It involves areas such as:
- primary care referral for specialist consultation
- preoperative evaluation
- risk assessment and preparation
- intraoperative care
- postoperative care (including monitoring, rehabilitation and post-discharge)
- communication and handover to primary care or referrer
- coordination of personnel and systems
- shared decision making.
Statewide Surgical and Perioperative Care Clinical Network Steering Committee
Application for Steering Committee membership closed on 11 December 2020. We were delighted with the number and quality of applications received and sincerely thank all applicants for their willingness to be involved.
The membership of the Steering Committee will be announced publicly via this website in early February 2021.
You can stay up to date with what is happening in the Statewide Surgical and Perioperative Care Clinical Network by signing up to receive email news at CEIH.SurgicalPerioperative@sa.gov.au or contact Katie Billing on (08) 8226 6861.