Adolescent Transition Care Work Streams
The Steering Committee has identified ways to approach its work with a focus on young people and the health system.
Young Person Stream
- Research what young people need and want
- Identify what are the barriers to young people accessing services
- Demonstrate ways to engage with young people authentically
- Embed opportunities for young people to participate in health service design
- Bid for Transition services that are lacking for young people
- Embed individualised health measures that are meaningful to young people.
Health System Stream
- Identify where and how young people are accessing care
- Provide education about developmentally appropriate care
- Advocate that services include young people in decision making, service design, policy etc
- Improve infrastructure for the transfer of patients
- Continually measure and evaluate health outcomes.
Success will look like
- Successful, embedded transition services
- Services and policy that is inclusive of young people
- Embedded, system wide, developmentally appropriate care
- Continuity of care through seamless information flow, referrals and handover etc.
- Embedded opportunities for young people’s participation in health service design
- Co-designed young person engagement model
- Clearly identified and documented adolescent transition care needs
- Visibility of and ability to intervene about where and how young people are accessing health care.
Adolescent Transition Care Network Vision and Aims Easy Read (581 KB, PDF)