The Youth Advisory Group (YAG) is a joint initiative of the CEIH and the Adolescent Transition Care Statewide Clinical Network (SCN) to help us understand the voice and healthcare experiences of young South Australians, to drive change and improve their healthcare outcomes.
The group will provide representation on the Adolescent Transition Care Statewide Clinical Network as well as collaborating with the other Statewide Clinical Networks.
The YAG is for young people between the age of 12 - 25 years, who regularly engage with healthcare services.
- To engage with and represent the voice and interest of young people engaged with the South Australian healthcare services.
- To inform, advocate, and collaborate to improve health outcomes, services, and consumer engagement for youth in South Australia.
The overarching purpose of the group is to:
- Provide advocacy to ensure high quality care that is evidence-based.
- Provide advice, guidance, and community voice for the Minister of Health and Wellbeing.
- Represent the voice and lived experience of young people in South Australia.
- Provide youth an opportunity to advocate, advise and provide youth/peer support in the healthcare sector.
- Provide youth representation on the Adolescent Transition Care Statewide Clinical Network.
- Work in collaboration with the Adolescent Transition Care Statewide Clinical Network to engage in and provide advice on projects/research, development of a transition framework and to provide representation on the Steering Committee.
- Provide advice, participate and have input into the CEIH initiatives (i.e. projects, meetings, research, planning and development).
- Collaborate with the Statewide Clinical Networks to identify and address key system priorities related to the Clinical Network.
The YAG comprises the following members:
Here are our members introducing themselves!
The YAG are involved in several initiatives both within the CEIH and Department for Health and Wellbeing (DHW). These are:
- Collaborating and informing the development of the statewide transition framework.
- Providing youth representation on the Adolescent Transition Care SCN.
- Co-designing the consumer questionnaire and informing the direction of the transition medication management project.
- Reviewing images used to reflect and represent youth in the health space.
Have a question?
If you would like to know more about the YAG or are interested in joining, please contact us on CEIH.AdolescentTransition@sa.gov.au.